Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Slightly Exaggerated Analogy

I might describe our trip from Los Angeles to Mendocino was like pregnancy and birth.  It was long and difficult journey with a prize at the end.  There were tears, body aches, a lack of sleep, a serious bout of nausea.  Towards the very end it was extremely trying,  just wanted it to be over with!  A very long road it was,  but along the way despite the complaints and feelings of will this ever end?! we looked forward to what was ahead.   And when our two day journey finally came to fruition we did get our prize.  

We were greeted by Peggy and Howard with open arms and big smiles.  They had a delicious meal prepared and I will have to devote tomorrows post solely to the amazing play spaces and gifts that awaited Greta.  And it smells like trees here.  I only smell trees outside.  I never want to leave.  The last leg of the trip was very hard but the scenery was breathtaking.  

Big high five to Greta and Henry.  My little troopers.  We made it!  

 I have had about 4 hours of sleep in the last 36 hours, Zach less.  I am off to bed now.  Looking forward to a lazy and relaxing day tomorrow.




No comments: