Thursday, May 28, 2009

what a day

The day started out lovely with the morning spent at the Huntington. There's nothing like seeing the kids run around in the grass, hiding behind trees, getting excited over seeing a beautiful bird. Today I took Henry's shoes off so he could walk in the mud along the pond. We saw a giant orange koi that Henry was ready to climb on the back of and swim away. We saw baby ducks.
Then we got home.
Henry didn't take a nap until 2pm...he usually naps around noon. When he woke up he was in a terrible mood and I could do nothing to help him. What finally worked was pulling out the vacuum, turning it on and letting him play with that for about 20 minutes. He was a new man.
We also somehow dirtied every dish in our house in this one day, I made meals that no one would eat, and Ollie had diarrhea all day.

Exhale...I think I will go curl up next to Henry now. My little Wonder Boy.

No comments: