Friday, July 3, 2009

palm springs, baby


We are squeezing into the wagon tomorrow and heading to Palm Springs. It will be a first for me. I am not a fan of the hot weather, but I have sworn to myself not once to complain of the 110 degree heat expected this weekend. I wont even say anything like, 'Wow, it's really hot! Because I have totally prepared myself mentally for this weather and I will thus spend most of my time in the pool or in our air conditioned room.
My Grandma Betty had several photo albums that I used to love to look through. Many of those were devoted soeley to her Palm Springs getaways. Photos of her by the pool, her friends by the pool, no one without a cigarette in hand.
So this is the Palm Springs that I expect to find. Our hotel has a retro feel to it and I plan on donning my yukata poolside, sans cigarette, maybe find the theater where my dad saw Rock Around the Clock when he was 8 and all the kids were dancing in the isles.
Well, even if it doesn't feel like 1955, I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time getting out of town and the kids will be loving the pool!
To everyone out there on the internets...have a splendidly loooooong weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time. You are brave this time of year. But be sure to check out Palm Springs again in the fall or spring, there is nothing like it! Hope you don't melt! :)