Tuesday, February 16, 2010

change of plans


I had planned to have my Etsy shop stocked and ready to go by the end of this week, but there has been a lovely change of plans.  The movie Zach is working on is sending him to Santa Fe for a month.  He leaves next weekend and we will follow him the next.  
In my early twenties I fell in love with Georgia O'keefe and after reading her biography I fell in love with New Mexico.  I have never been but have always wanted to go.    So you could say this is a dream come true.  And we will have three weeks to soak it up.  
Looking forward to making it a rich learning experience for the whole family.  The geology, architecture, the history, the food!  
On the laundry list of things to do to prepare for our big adventure, we will head to the library for books books and more books on this city that just so happens to be the oldest capital city in the U.S. 
So Etsy is put on the back burner for now.  I will plan on a spring time opening.

Anyone in the blogosphere have any must see, must do, don't go near, watch out fors in Santa Fe, New Mex?

Georgia O'keefe.  Love her.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

~~~DON'T DRINK THE WATER~~~Ha,ha,ha

Peggy Ray said...

Cecily's mom got to meet Georgia! We'll have to ask her about it. I'm sure Cecily will know lots of things for us to do while we're there. Certainly lots of galleries and a great folk art museum.