Tuesday, January 11, 2011

This is what I get when friends try and tempt me with pure vintage awesomeness.





I know you're jealous.


Update:  Kids and I are back in business.  The color is coming back into our cheeks.  Today the kids painted, played outside, and drank gallons of coconut water.   We've been making a huge bed on our plush shag rug every night.  Greta drifted off early next to Henry.  I had to give simultaneous foot massages and hum Beatles songs.   After they drifted to sleep I had a video chat with Zach and heard all about his great first day at work.   He is excited for us to get there. 
We have our plane tickets and I have my caftan.   

    

6 comments:

Makeminemidcentury said...

You only need a caftan, sister, and all will be well.

I hope the Beatles' tunes included 'Norwegian Wood', 'Martha my dear' and 'Blackbird'.

Ahh, The Beatles ... Paul was my first crush at 4-yrs-old.

Can't wait to see photos of y'all in New Orleans.xo

Ariane Reichardt said...

Dear Rachel,
MMMC is right! You only need a caftan...and your sunglasses, the big ones.
Hope you'll have a good time in New Orleans.
Heartily,
Ariane.

Rachel said...

MMMC: Blackbird- to sleep and also when i brush henry's teeth.

Ariane: thanks for the caftan love, and yes the glasses will compliment!
NOLA, watch out!

Misha Lulu said...

very nice!

Anonymous said...

You're such a fighter, Rachel... a fighter in a caftan (hey, that sounds interesting).

Can't wait to see New Orleans through your eyes, I can already tell it will be beautiful and awesome! Love to you - Lilli

Kendell said...

This caftan is so you! Post a picture of yourself in it soon! Glad you are feeling better. WHen are you leaving? Can we sneak in a quick visit before?