Saturday, August 6, 2011

Today we start our long drive and we say goodbye to Los Angeles for three whole months!  Our adventure begins with nine days in Oregon.  We are so excited to see family and attend my little brother's wedding.  We will then fly out of Portland to Boston!   
Yesterday there were some emotional goodbyes with a couple of Greta's friends.  I think it made her realize just how much she is loved. 

This week we fit in one last beach day.  It was beautiful.




Hopefully I'll be back with photos of Oregon!  It all depends on the internet connection out in the woods.  
If you don't hear from me, I'll see you in Boston! 

8 comments:

Ariane Reichardt said...

Oh, dearest Rachel,
I wish you and your (whole) family a very good time. A wedding! Do you'll wear the black/white dress?
And at christmastime you'll be back in L.A. ... the Eastcoast will inspire you! I'm sure.
Big hugs and all the best,
Ariane.

PS: the photo of you and your older brother is very nice - and the patchwork really great!

Anonymous said...

We are going to be in L.A. for a short visit in a week or so and I have been dreaming about the beach. (We are staying in New Orleans for an other year, and I will really miss the beaches I know.) I am looking forward to your blogs about your new city.

Lil Muse Lily said...

we have been going to the beach and doing the same here because we will be heading to the mountains in 2 weeks. have a great time!

Anna Vee said...

No beach weather for us anymore, as our summer is quickly turning into autumn again. So I'm happy to at least see pictures of the sand and the sun!

Have a great trip, hope to hear from you soon!

Patrice A. said...

save trip
take care
and enjoy

see you when you get there
looking forward!!

Peggy Ray said...

Wow! I never saw the ocean at Santa Monica look so blue! Did you fix the color? And those kiddies look mighty kissable! Gramma want grand babies!

Ariane Reichardt said...

Dear Rachel,
I hope you have had a glittering wedding party with your brother and family.
May I please invate you to the next weekend's drawing challenge with the theme: Metamorphosis?
Let me know, you're in... maybe later?
x Ariane.

Hagar said...

Wow!!! Enjoy your time and cong. for the wedding.
Waiting for update from your big trip
and by the way, did I mention how jealous I as in you... three months!!!:-)