Monday, October 19, 2015

::COVER::

Ariane is hosting this week's drawing challenge.  I did not think I could have the focus to come up with something so I had put it out of my mind.  Instead this weekend on a whim I started making this quilt out of felted cashmere.  A dear friend gave me a huge bag of her thrifted cashmere sweaters.  The weekend weather was just cool enough and the kids preoccupied enough that I put my headphones on and sniped and stitched away!   After posting on Instagram the fruit of my labors, Ariane pointed out the sweet serendipity of my quilt and this week's theme.  So, here it is...my Cover.


It's a small lap quilt ( I wish I had more cashmere!) but just big enough to stay cozy this winter.
As always when I make a quilt I am inspired by the quilters of Gee's Bend.  

Thank you, Ariane as always, for remembering me.  

13 comments:

Unknown said...

definitely a colorful cover to keep you warm, cosy and a treat against grey, foggy, cold and ugly autum days! Well done!
xo
barbara bee

nadine paduart said...

just the right time of year to be quilting away for immediate use! bravo...! n♥

Veronica Roth said...

But it's lovely! Just exactly what you need. I wish I had the patience for making a quilt. X

Ariane Reichardt said...

Simply lovely, dear Rachel, for sharing your beautiful kashmir quilt with us, it is such a beautiful cover!

Sometimes, when we let go of things ...

Love xo
Ariane

Tammie Lee said...

i love finding cashmere at the thrift, it is my favorite wool, so soft and warm and not itchy. also hug me longer when i wear it ;-)
your cover is fun, a great play on our prompt.

Color Land said...

Dear Rachel, the cover is colorful amazing, you always amaze me with your creativity!

Hugs
Citlalli

nadine paduart said...

hi rachel, i might as well pop over and ask you... if you feel like playing along on our DC, check out here and feel very welcome! n♥

Lucia said...

Great Colors and a new life for old sweaters. This is an good Metamophosis.
Lucia

Sharmon Davidson said...

Beautiful job! I love all the colors, and it looks so soft and warm!

annton said...

you have been floating on the tide of quilting. marvelous!

tanïa said...

A beautiful sea of pattern and colours! Perfect to wrap and warm when you sit at the coast, watching the sundown and the tide.

Peggy Ray said...

As usual, you knocked it out of the park! Love it! I'm grateful every evening for the one you made me! (Very very belatedly)

chris said...

Great looking quilt, love the colours!