Thursday, June 25, 2009

cheese ball

Julien arrived last weekend for his summer visit. Greta and Ollie are in heaven.
Tonight Greta and Julien sat at the dinner table and I over hear Greta making her usual deal, "If I tell you a story then you have to tell me a story." Her story went like this:

Once upon a time there was a cheese ball and he lived in a tiny hole under the street. There was always someone knocking at his door. One day an owl knocked at the door, so he decided he wanted to move.
Then a street worker went down there and said, "there's a cheese ball!" and he threw it.
So, the cheese ball found a home in a matryoshka, a matryoshka without a baby.
The end.

I love it!

2 comments:

The Kender-Page said...

I love a story about a cheese ball with a happy ending.

Peggy Ray said...

Man! Can that girl spin a sophisticated tale about a cheeseball! I'm calling her when I need my bio done!