Thursday, March 18, 2010

light

The light in the afternoon was so strong and sharp, I had to snap a few shots of the kiddos.  They were running around in the courtyard, I asked that they stand still and pose but they weren't in the mood.










 "A baby robin!!"


In seeing her face at this moment I couldn't help think that in 10 years it may be Joe Darling Teeney Bopper that inspires this kind of expression, but I do hope that baby birds will still be just as thrilling.   I want to hold on to 5 for as long as I can.  She keeps asking though when exactly she will be 5 and 1/2.  In 2 days, my dear...2 more days.
And also a few days away is our departure from the lovely high desert of New Mexico.  I suddenly feel slight anxiety to fit in all the places and things we haven't done yet.  We have mostly stayed in town and have enjoyed walking everywhere.  It was a long drive here and it will be a long drive home.  We haven't ventured out into the nearby towns beyond Santa Fe.  Everything interesting is at least an hour away and I just can't seem to subject them to the drive when they are just happy with a huge patch of grass (or snow) and a playground.  I am temped take them on the train somewhere today. Train ride is a must!  Yes, that is what we shall do!  
Happy Thursday.

3 comments:

The Kender-Page said...

What a great shot of her amazement.

Peggy Ray said...

That Greta gets more gorgeous every day! And her mother takes more and more amazing photos too!

Peggy Ray said...

I love her dress too!