Thursday, October 21, 2010

13 days to go...


We have been enjoying a few days of much needed rain here in LA.  With just less than 2 weeks until we leave for Georgia, there are lists upon lists of things to pack, prepare for, and the wedding!  The wedding with white fluffy hydrangeas, peacock feathers, gardenias, and freesia.  I can smell it now...
This past week we have dearly missed Papa but enjoy our evening video chats.  The kids turn it up a notch when he is on the other end of the computer, running around wildly, showing off new tricks and t-shirts, telling of their day.  
Greta made Henry a race car in woodshop this week, Henry cried a little at gym today while crossing the high(er) beam, but he was ok.  We moved the monster (portable AC unit) back into it's den (garage) for the winter.  Before the weekend I will do loads of laundry, heat gallons upon gallons of water on the stove, make some soup for Greta, a quiche for Henry.  I will send a package off to Norway for the first time ever in my life, and I hope to find a thrifted sweater or two to keep me warm on St. Simon's as I will be biking all over that island!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just one big smile here :) Guess I will feel the same when you're back from Georgia... LA is... another world to me; good there is such a thing as the postal service :) Lucky kids, with parents, and lucky parents with kids... we're all fortunate!