Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ollie da Pup






We are so happy to be reunited with Ollie!  
It's not recommended to fly pug nosed dogs in the cargo hold of the plane, so he was dogsat for a few weeks and delivered to us by Grandma Peg.  They drove cross country and we hear he had many great adventures.  He met some chickens in New Mexico and made a girlfriend in Indiana.  
And so far a few enemies in Georgia.  He's a big sweetie with the humans (except for the sweetie  neighbor lady that came to our door last night, he was acting rawther protective),  with other dogs 5 times his size it's another story.  He never hesitates to show off how tough and loud he can be.  Oh, Ollie.

That sweet neighbor lady came by last night to let us borrow her daughter's bikes since they will be out of town all week.  The girls are the same ages as my kids.  Fortunately, Henry is 2 and could care less about all the pink and frill that his bike is drenched in.  Greta is thrilled.  She said last night, "I just can't stop thinking about those bikes!"  We are off to the local bike shop this morning to have the training wheels attached and also to get a bike for Grandma Peg.  
I've managed to catch a cold.  Bummer.  I'm hoping all the vitamin C, green tea, lemon and honey does the trick.  Any other good home remedies I should know about? 
Have a great Monday.

5 comments:

Makeminemidcentury said...

What a good looking dog! And his ears! I bet he can hear another dog barking kilometres away!

Anna Vee said...

Thank you, Rachel, for leaving me such a kind and thoughtful comment on Lilli's blog. I thought I'd let you know, that tiny baby boy is now 5 days old and seems to be a fighter! It's still a long way to go, but there is hope.

What a gorgeous person Ollie is! He looks so happy! :)

Ariane Reichardt said...

Dear Rachel,
thank you very much for the comment on my blog. The lovely girl is my oldest daughter.
I've seen the wonderful gift for Jasmin at her blog. You are so warm-hearted and generous, wow...
So have a nice time with your lovely family including Ollie da Pup... enjoy.

Sara said...

what a sweet reunion! i couldn't help but laugh at the adventures. what a cute little doggie.

hope the cold goes away soon. boo. doesn't necessarily cure 'em, but i always use loads of vicks vapor rub when i'm congested. makes me feel much better.

Rachel said...

MMMC: He can hear and smell any animal from afar, skunks as well. He has been sprayed more than once.

Ansku: So glad to hear that sweet baby boy is doing well. Amazing how someone so small can be so strong.

Ariane: Thanks for giving me the update at Jasmin's blog! I have been anxiously awaiting to hear that they arrived. And thank you for your kind words.

Sara: I ate lots of vicks when i was a kid. Im afraid to buy it now for fear my kids will want to do the same. But it IS very helpful just before bed. Thanks for the Vicks reminder!