Friday, December 3, 2010

made in georgia, usa





Meet, Anna.

With limited doll making supplies here in The Georgia House and the need to make something, we headed to the craft store for embroidery floss and polyfil.  With a wool scarf too itchy for Greta,  I came up with Anna.  I thought she might be a fun addition to my Etsy shop once it opens up again in January. 

Would she be more appealing in a set of three?  Is my embroidery too messy?  I would love your feedback!  In return I would like to offer her as a gift.  I will rest over the weekend ( maybe in Savannah!) and choose one commenter on Tuesday, December 7th, randomly of course.  She will leave here via St. Simon's Island Post, bound for her new home.  Possibly your home!

Have a wonderful weekend, y'all!


9 comments:

Maria said...

She is so sweet and beautiful!Like my Granny was when I was just a very tiny girl And visiting my grand parents in North Carelia.
I think she knows something very lovely..she smiles so.
Have a nice weekend Rachel
Maria
from "snow land"

Anna Vee said...

Well hello there, Anna - says Anna! :) That's my real name, you now, as Ansku is just a nickname everybody has used since I was a kid.

She is absolutely gorgeous and there's nothing wrong with your embroidery. I like how her eyes are closed; she looks like she's daydreaming. :)

I hope you'll have a great weekend, too!

Color Land said...

Anna is amazing!so cute... I love the embroidery flowers, and her face it`s so sweet.
Have a happy weekend!!

jasmin said...

You're giving her away????????????? She is so devine.

Hi Rachel. I am trying to catch up with a few blogs. But I always seem to leave it 'til late at night. It is so hard to follow all your favourites and go back through their old posts and comment on new juicy finds etc etc. Do you find this?
You have been taking some beautiful photos.
And I do appreciate each of your visits.
x

Ariane Reichardt said...

Dear Rachel,
I fall in love with Anna!
Your embroidery isn't messy but very sweet...Congrats,
Ariane.

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Well I love this precious little doll! You did a great job! The colors are fabulous, and the stitching is beautiful!

I love your blog, by the way! So glad I ran across it! I'm your newest follower! :)

Misha Lulu said...

Lovely work! her face is adorable!

Kendell said...

Jefferson just said, "wow, wow!" If you do three it will be like the Matruschka dolls.
Love,Kendell

Rachel said...

Thank you for all the sweet compliments thus far, and Kendell, tell Jefferson I agree!!